Just like it is important to take care of our bodies, we also need to make sure we take care of our minds. This is not only by what we eat, but also how much reading we do (or don’t). Any kind of reading is better than none, so it is great to indulge in what interests you. But, if you can slip in a self-improvement book in there you will be doing yourself a HUGE favor.
These type of books helps us to change our mindset and learn more about why our lives are not where we want them to be. They help us to understand more as well as give us different ways of seeing things in our lives. So, I am going to share my top 6 favorite self-improvement books that I have read so far. If you can read one or two a year you will be much farther ahead than if you read none.
My Top 6 Books for Self-Improvement
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis – This is my number one pick right now because she was beyond inspiring. She goes into all the lies that we can believe about ourselves and why you need to forget about them. She uses her own stories to detail each lie and she is brutally honest. This is a MUST read if you are ready to live your life with passion and hustle.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson – This is a great one if you find that you are in a funk. You know those ones where everyone is out to get you, your life is spiraling downward, and it’s everyone else’s fault? Mark talks about how there is only so much we can give a f*ck about, and we need to figure out which ones are more important.
- Using Curse Words by Myra Fiacco – This is my newest one I have just started reading and so far it is fantastic. This is one for those who feel like that are so overwhelmed by everything on their plate, when you start to get so overwhelmed by self-pity and stress. Myra talks about her own struggles with it and how she came out of it and restored her happiness with herself, her family, and her marriage.
- Own The Day, Own Your Life by Aubrey Marcus – This is a great read for making everything better in your life. Aubrey goes into changing habits and mindset about waking, working, learning, eating, training, playing, sleeping, and sex. I have taken away so many new great habits to make sure I have the best possible day everyday.
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis – This is the next book on my reading list. Why? Because Rachel Hollis is a bad ass and I love her work. This one is for those who want to own who they are and stop living in the light of someone else. If you read this one before I update this, please comment below and tell me what you think!
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay – This one is a bit different from the other books I have put in here. But it is a really great read to help you understand that what you think of yourself will be who you become. Louise talks about how we can better ourselves by changing the way we think, and gives daily affirmations and work to do everyday to keep your thinking positive.
That is all I have for now, but as I keep reading books that are worth sharing I will keep updating this list. What are some great books you have read? Share in the comments and help me, and others, build up a reading list.